Initial Mammography Training Courses
About the Course
AQI/MTMI has designed a new 5 day Initial Training in Mammography course for 2017. The focus of our 5 day format will include all MQSA mandated material as well as an emphasis on mammography registry review. This course will cover all ARRT mammography exam content specifications as well as serve as a review for the California state mammography exam. Our course will incorporate the MQSA requirement of 8 hours of digital mammography throughout the 5 days. Hands on positioning workshops for those who attend the on-site programs will allow attendees the opportunity to work one on one with instructors and models to practice and learn the basic mammographic screening procedures. The week concludes on Day 5 with a registry review in an interactive and fun learning style.
This course has been approved by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) for 40 hours of Category A credit in initial mammography training requirements. This course provides the 16 hours of structured education related to the content specifications as outlined by the ARRT.
The 4-day course, approved for 32 hours of Category A credit, is designed to provide attendees with the initial training necessary to fulfill the requirements set forth by the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) and is an excellent resource for technologists intending to take the ARRT Mammography registry in the near future.
The 5-day course, approved for 40 hours of Category A credit, is designed to provide attendees with the initial training necessary to fulfill the requirements set forth by the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) and also meets the requirements set forth by the MQSA for initial training in digital mammography. This 5-day course is recommended to meet State of California mammography training requirements.
Optional 6th Day - Digital Breast Tomosynthesis Training
Attendees staying for a 6th day of instruction will receive 8 hours of Category A credit in Digital Breast Tomosynthesis training also required by the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) before performing Digital Breast Tomsynthesis exams on Hologic Selenia Dimensions, GE SenoClaire and Siemens Mammomat Inspiration.
This program provides 40 hours of Category A continuing education credit for radiologic technologists approved by ASRT and recognized by the ARRT and various licensure states. Category A credit is also recognized by CAMRT’s Continuing Education Credit Approval Program for CE credit in Canada. You must attend the entire program to receive your certificate of completion.
The 6th day, Digital Breast Tomosynthesis: the Fundamentals, provides an additional 8 hours of Category A continuing education credit for radiologic technologists approved by ASRT and recognized by the ARRT and various licensure states.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Obtain knowledge to help prepare fo the ARRT Mammography exam.
- Demonstrate basic positioning skills for the CC and MLO views.
- Explain advanced positioning technique for supplementary views, difficult patients and implant patients.
- Review and gain knowledge on breast anatomy, disease processes and pathology.
- Describe how various physical characteristics of the x-ray tube affect mammographic imaging.
- Perform mammographic quality control testing procedures per MQSA guidelines.
- Describe the differences between imaging systems used to perform Full Field Digital Mammography (FFDM) examinations.
- Describe and develop a comprehensive quality assurance program for digital mammography.
- Understand the differences between regulatory bodies, such as MQSA, ACR and the ARRT.
- Describe the parameters in digital imaging that control resolution and contrast.
- Describe newly emerging technologies used with digital mammographic imaging.
Initial Mammography Training Courses
Registration for the AQI/MTMI Initial Mammography Training Course may be done online or by phone, fax, or mail.
To register by phone, please call toll free at (800) 765-6864. To register by mail or fax, please download and complete the mail-in registration form and send to:
W140 N8917 Lilly Road
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051